If you landed on this page, you are probably looking for the best 190 Ltr, 5 star rated, LG refrigerator in India. I will surely help you make the right purchase for your home.
This is the best choice for first time buyers or users with a small family of 2 or 3 member. This product takes less space and is also energy efficient. All 190 litre refrigerators are single door.
If you are looking to buy LG product but maybe not a single door one, head over to our review of the Best LG Refrigerators in India. In that review covered all types of LG refrigerators.
Ok, so I will now start with the review:
Best 190 Litre 5 Star Rated LG Refrigerators in India
The first two products on my review are with the capacity of 190 Litres. However, you should check the third and the fourth product on the review too.
The third product has a better storage capacity with a 5 Star rating. The cost of the product is similar to the first two on the list.
The fourth product is a 4 star rated product. However, you do save money upfront as it quite cheaper compared to the first three products on the review.
1. LG Hazel Plumeria – GL-D201AHPY
This refrigerator has a nice dark hazel colour to it. A lot of women do prefer dark coloured kitchen appliances to avoid staining them. This item currently is being sold my Cloudtail. Cloudtail is a joint venture between Amazon and Mr. Narayana Murthy’s company Catamaran Ventures. The product does get shipped directly from Amazon’s own warehouse, so you can expect a fast delivery.
Key Feature of this product are:
- This refrigerator comes with a one year warranty on the product and a 10 year warranty on the compressor.
- It has the highest energy rating of 5 Stars and uses 131 units of energy per year (Under test conditions)
- It uses direct cool technology to cool the fridge. This means it does require manual defrosting.
- You can connect this product with your home inverter. This keeps your refrigerator functioning even during power cuts.
- It comes with an inbuilt stabilizer to handle smaller fluctuations with voltage.
- The fridge comes with adjustable toughened glass shelves.
- The biggest innovation that comes with this product is its ability to run on solar power. It has a special system in built which can be connected to solar panel and this can help power the fridge (Reach out to your company representative to know exactly how to use this feature)
- This refrigerator also comes with a drawer near the base stand (Have a look at the image above) – This area is not cooled, but you can use to to store other vegetable like potato & onion in it. Certainly an innovative way to save space in your kitchen.
Cons of this product:
- You will need to manually defrost this refrigerator once in a while.
- The textured design on the refrigerator door might not be to everyone’s liking.
Check live price & user reviews – Amazon
2. LG Scarlet Plumeria – GL-B201ASPY
This one more option by LG in the 190 Liters category. This fridge is also 5 star rated. There two major differences in this product and the one above:
- The very visible difference in the colour and the graphics used on the refrigertor
- The second difference is that this product does not come with the extra compartment at the bottom. This takes away the extra storage space.
- The features remain the same as the one above. This refrigerator comes with the same technology. Performance and cooling speed of both refrigerators is also similiar
- You get one extra benefit however. Since this refrigerator does not have the extra storage space, it becomes easier for you to clean under the product.
Same as the product above.
Check live price & user reviews – Amazon
3. LG Shiny Steel – GL-B241APZX
Even though this refrigerator has a higher capacity then 190 Liters, I have taken the liberty to add it to this review. Two main reasons for the same.
- Who says no to little more space in the refrigerator? 🙂
- It is a 5 star rated product and even though the capacity is more, there is not much of difference in the pricing (This product is the costliest among the three) – Use the link above to check the current price on Flipkart.
Key features of this Refrigerator:
- The storage capacity is higher at 235 Liters.
- The product warranty is the same at 1 year. However, the compressor has a lower warranty of only 4 years on it.
- The other benefit of this product is that it comes in a nice shiny steel colour. This machine will fit well with most kitchen decors.
Check live price & user reviews – Flipkart
4. Scarlet Plumeria – GL-D201ASPX
This is a similar model to refrigerator number 2 we discussed above. There are three major difference between that model and this one:
- This model comes with the extra storage space. So if some one liked this particular design but were disappointed by the fact that it did not have the storage tray, can go for this model
- This refrigerator is 4 star rated. This means it uses a little more energy compared to the one above.
- But this brings us to point 3. The difference is energy rating is compensated by the fact that this refrigerator is much cheaper compared to the one above. You can actually compare the cost difference between this one and model number 1 (Which comes with the extra storage tray)
This machine is perfect for someone who is little tight on budget but still wants a really good product. This brings us to the end of the review of the best 190 Ltr 5 Star Rated LG Refrigerators in India.
Below, I will try and answer some of the frequently asked question about 190 Litre fridge category.
Who should buy 190 Litre Refrigerators?
I see the following reasons for someone to buy a 190 Ltr fridge in India.
- A family who has limited space in their kitchen or house.
- A small family of not more than 2 or 3 members
- Bachelors staying in a rented space. They are looking for a temporary and a cost effective way to store food.
- Someone who is looking for an energy efficient machine
- A family with budget constraints.
What are the Disadvantages of buying 190 Litre Refrigerators?
- These refrigerators use direct cool technology. So even though this the most energy efficient way of cooling, you cannot have auto defrost. It means you need to remove the ice built up in your fridge manually.
- You do not have a separate cooler door. So even if you just need ice, the temperature of entire fridge gets impacted as soon as you open the door.
- This also means less efficient cooling for your food if you open the door multiple times in short span of time.
- Lesser storage space – Even though you know this while buying the fridge, after a few days you feel the space is just not enough for your need 🙂
I hope you were able to select and buy the right product for yourself. If this review on Best 190 Ltr 5 Star Rated LG Refrigerators in India helped you, do leave a token of thanks in the comments below.
Also, if you use any of the products mentioned above, do share your experience for the benefit of others.