For a germaphobe like me, a clean-living environment is like oxygen. So, after plenty of personal surveys, I can confirm that vacuum cleaners give the most reliable results.
Although I used to find my 90s traditional cylinder and wired vacuum cleaner sufficient in terms of results for years, over the past decade cordless vacuum cleaners have piqued my interest. So,
I did it – after personally testing out a range of products. I compiled the ultimate list of the Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in India.
Summary – Which Cordless Vacuum Cleaner to Buy?
I checked out the most highly rated models from Dyson. Dyson is a name synonymous with proper vacuum-cleaning engineering. After testing out their wide range of portable and lightweight vacuum cleaners, I found this particular model to be the most efficient and cost-effective product.
This same model is available on Flipkart too (The link above takes you to Amazon India). So make sure you click here and compare prices on both these ecommerce sites to ensure you get the best deal.
p.s – The reason why all the model on this list are from one company (Dyson) is that, as of now, they are only brand offering quality products in this segment. I tried to search for other brands like Philips and Eureka Forbes but was not happy with their product range (online).
Cordless vs Regular – A Brief Comparison
Cordless stick vacuum cleaners presently make up most of the market share. As compared to wired sets, cordless vacuum cleaners offer a lot of advantages –
- Cordless vacuum cleaners are lighter than wired cylinder-based vacuums
- They aren’t restricted by cord length or proximity to sockets
- Handheld cordless vacuum cleaners are transportable – they can be used to clean the inside of your car or your stairs
- Easier to store
As long as you keep a note of the battery life and the cleaner’s dust capacity, cordless vacuum cleaners are much superior compared to traditional wired models.
Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in India
1. Dyson V10 Absolute Pro Cord-Free Vacuum cleaner
This is the first product on my list and also the one I recommend buying. It is powerful, flexible and can help you clean up your entire home in a jiffy.
Be it comfortable ceiling cleaning or heavy carpet cleaning – the Dyson V10 Absolute Pro Cord-Free offers a lot of advanced features. They include –
- Powerful battery – charges fully in 210 minutes, allowing full service for one hour
- Extremely efficient in cleaning carpets, mats, floors and ceilings
- Fade-free suction
- The ductile roller-cleaner head sucks up both fine dust and bulky debris from hard floors at the same time.
- The Direct-Drive Cleaner head propels the bristles deeper into carpets, making deep-cleaning easier
- Lightweight design with washable filters
To see this model in action as well as to understand some of its features better, watch the video below:
Pros of the product:
- Easy to use with good battery power
- Strong suction power is ideal for deep cleaning
- Washable filters, hence long-lasting
- Suction power is also easily adjustable
Cons of the product:
- Irremovable battery
- I had to consistently hold on to the power-trigger to keep the motor running
After using this vacuum cleaner for hours, I found that it works just fine. Priced at 45,900 INR the product may seem overpriced, but its durability actually makes it a smart one-time investment.
2. Dyson V8 Absolute+ Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The is the second product on my list today. If the first one that I recommended above is out of your budget, then you can surely consider this one.
Of all the cleaners I tested, none offered the advanced features that the Dyson V8 Absolute+ model offered. Some of its wonderful features include:
- 99.97% dust particle filtration
- Simple and lightweight design, perfect for single-handed use
- Advanced filter system for storing dust and debris in a small chamber
- Completely cordless
- Direct-drive cleaning system drives bristles deep into carpets, perfect for deep cleaning
- Comes with 7 additional parts – combination tool, crevice tool, mini motorised tool, mini-soft dusting brush, mattress/upholstery tool, up-top adaptor and an extension hose
- Digital motor spins at up to 110,000 RPM (revolutions per minute)
- Generates powerful suction of up to 115 AW
- Efficient charge time of 5 hours
- Efficient storing and charging – comes with a docking station that charges the machine while holding the attachments
- Certified asthma and allergy-friendly cleaning
To have a demo of this product and also understand some of its key functionality, have a look at the video made the brand below:
Some of the advantages of this model include
- The six-cell lithium-ion battery offers over 40 minutes of wane-free power
- Cleans up pet hair
- Fast car cleaning thanks to the amazing suction power
- I found the Hygienic Dirt Ejector amazing. Being a germaphobe, I hate touching the trapped dust and debris. The hygienic dirt ejection mechanism ushers out the collected dust and debris in one move, straight into the bin.
Priced at around 40,000 INR, the Dyson V8 Absolute+ model offers the most advanced features at the lowest possible cost. For a vacuum technology geek and a smart buyer like me, this is the perfect model. Currently, I am using this, and I must say there are no complaints at all!
Other Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in India
Other Models I tested include:
All of the three models above have similar features. They are as listed below.
- Intelligent design for easy use
- LED screen displays to display run time and other important details (battery, etc.)
- Good suction power thanks to Dyson’s efficient V10 motor. All three are decent deep cleaners, picking up all kinds of dirt effortlessly
- Added tools basic accessories (combination tools, mini motorised tools, soft dusting brushes, upholstery tools, and others).
- High torque cleaning head eliminates all types of dirt
Perhaps the one thing that caught my eye when testing these models was the prices. I don’t expect a lot of users dishing out over fifty thousand rupees on a vacuum cleaner, even though these models definitely are worth the investment.
Compared to these three, the Dyson V8 Absolute+ offers a similar number of features at a discount price. The V8 Absolute+ ’s advanced dust and debris chamber and filter system made heavy cleaning (cleaning carpets, etc.) with little effort, very easy.
Dyson – A History of Efficiency
The reason why I like testing products from Dyson is that they manufacture the best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in India. With almost 30 years of experience in manufacturing cutting-edge vacuum cleaners and air purifiers, this brand name is synonymous with innovations in vacuum-cleaner engineering.
Like a lot of users, I am always excited to try out Dyson’s vacuum cleaners. I was very impressed with every model I tested.
However, the much-hyped Dyson V8 Absolute+ certainly lived up to my expectations, offering an unbelievable range of features such as a digital motor V8 that has 110,000 RPM (revolutions per minute) and pet-friendly cleaning. A must-buy in my opinion!
This brings me to the end of my review of the Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in India. I hope, I was able to help you select the right model for your home.
So, which one did you opt for? Have you used any of the cordless vacuums before? How has been your experience with them?
Do share your thoughts with me and other readers using the comments section below.