Mixer grinder is an essential item in the households in India. Grinding spices or blending food items play an important role in Indian cooking. In this article below I have reviewed the Best Mixer Grinders in India for the year 2018. This meant spending hundreds of hours going through the specifications of 100s of mixers, their user reviews, customer support quality etc
Which is the Best Mixer Grinder?
If you don’t want to spend time reading the article in detail. You can just buy Preethi Zodiac MG-218. It has a powerful 750 Watts motor to grind through anything you like in a matter of minutes. The mixer grinder also comes with a wide variety of Jar which can help you with almost any task in your kitchen. Preethi Zodiac can be your true kitchen companion for years to come.
Top 5 Best Mixer Grinders in India 2018
1. Preethi Zodiac MG-218 – 750 W
The Preethi Zodiac MG-218-750 W has various characteristics that have made it the Best Mixer Grinder in India with 5 Jars. The high performing Juicer mixer grinder is well known for its good performance and robust work. The package comes with a grater, kneader, grinder, chopper and juicer.
The power required to operate this product is 230 volts and maximum revolutions it supports are 1800 rpm. The motor has a fast cooling property. It comes with a 2-year guarantee on the product and a 5-year warranty on its motor.
- Its 2.1 litre Master Chef plus Jar is a multipurpose jar that performs many tasks such as dough making, meat mincing and chopping. It also helps in blending, pureeing, nut grinding, etc. the work is completed within minutes.
- The Citrus Press is an additional accessory that helps in extracting the juice without an additional bitter flavour. The pusher can be used as a measuring cup.
- The product comes with a juicer jar for fresh fruit extraction without adding water. It helps to separate the pulp from the seed. It can extract juice from tamarind and coconut too. It helps in making thick lassi and milkshake.
- The blades of the mixer are machine-ground and well-polished. This helps them to perform well while grinding.
- The appliance is of high quality with superior performance.
- It comes with a 2-year guarantee. The company also provides a lifelong service for free.
- The shockproof body is made from ABS plastic. It has a heat cut-off sensitive system. There is also a feature in place to protect the mixer grinder from overload and fluctuations in voltage.
- The stainless steel blades and jars are of high quality and come with the best precision.
- The salt spray test conducted on them ensures that they remain rust proof. They also undergo a water load test to make sure that they remain robust in their work.
If you are looking to specifically buy 750 Watts mixer grinder, you can also read our dedicated guide on the same here.
2. Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond – 750 Watt
The mixer has a powerful motor and can be used to grind tough ingredients easily. The blades have a well-polished look that is machine-ground to suit all types of works. They are reliable and sturdy with high performance and good quality.
The mixer weighs 6 kg and comes under the model name Blue Leaf Diamond. It is one of the most important kitchen equipment that saves time and space.
Check Price in India – Amazon
The body is made of a rust proof & shockproof ABS plastic material. The jars are tested for their durability and stability through a water load test and salt spray, before distributing them to the customers.
- The motor of the product uses 750 Watts of power to operate. The blades are polished and are machine-ground to give a superior performance while grinding.
- They can be used with varied speed settings to guide the powerful motor and the blades to provide fine powders and pastes. With these varying speeds, it provides the desired flavour and texture to the ingredients. It hastens the cooking process with its easy-grinding facility.
- The mixer grinder jars contain a flexible lid which can be utilized on multiple other jars. The Flexi lid helps in increasing or decreasing the capacity of the jar.
- The body of the mixer is made up of ABS plastic which is very durable and shock resistant. It also has an inbuilt functionality to protect itself from fluctuations in voltage, from overload and from over-heating.
- The three jars provided are made using stainless steel. The stainless steel material is of high quality and is of good precision to help in good performance. The stainless steel helps jars to stay rust proof. The jars are tested with salt spray & water load to make sure of their durability, stability and quality.
- The blades are also made of high-quality stainless steel. This ensures good and consistent grinding performance by the mixer grinder for years to come.
3. Philips HI1645 – 750 watts
The Philips mixer grinder is considered as the best in Premium Category. Various reasons for being the best in this category are summarized here.
Philips is one of the oldest, reliable and well know brands in Indis for Kitchen Appliances. This particular mixer grinder from Philips comes with 4 jars and comes in shades of white and blue. It comes with a manufacturer warranty of 2 years. The Philips mixer grinder can be used for preparing all types of batter, purees, for fresh juices.
The mixer grinder comes with a chutney jar, wet grinding jar, blender jar and a multipurpose jar along with a spatula. The suction base helps to keep the device stable when being used. The rubber gaskets on the covers of the jars are removable and can be cleaned separately.
- Its unique feature is its silent performance while at work. The power consumption is 750 watts but does its work powerfully without much nose.
- It is compact and sleek looking. Owing to its compact size, it can be easily stored anywhere in your kitchen and does not require a lot of space.
- The blades have a lift and grind techniques that ensure consistent performance. The stainless steel blades perform well and are robust in their work.
- It comes with a three-speed setting as well as a pulse mode. They can be used according to the ingredients used and to increase or decrease the speed of getting the work done. The pulse mode can be used for crushing harder spices, where you want your food material to settle down before spinning the blades again.
- The Revers Quadra Flow technology helps in making the jars non-sticky. This feature ensures that the ingredients do not stick on to the walls of the jar and can be removed from the jar easily.
- It comes with a product warranty of 24 months.
- It has a power indicator and non-slip suction feet.
4. Eveready Glowy – 500 Watt
If simple tasks like grating and grinding are prolonging the time taken for preparing your meals? Running short of budget to buy a good mixer grinder? Here is a solution for you. Eveready Glowy is easily one of the bestselling mixer grinders in the India market because of two main reasons
- It gets your job done
- The product is very cost effective (You will be surprised to know the price – Click on the link below the image to know more)
Check Latest Price of Eveready Glow – Amazon
The mixer comes with three jars of different sizes that can be used according to your needs. It comes with a 1.8m long power cord to fit into the plug point right in the kitchen. There are three blades which can be used according to the ingredients to be ground.
The mixer comes with a two-year guarantee card and a user manual. The mixer weighs 3.5 kg. The body of the mixer is made of plastic while the jars are made of steel and are durable. It is one of the most economically priced mixer grinders and has already made its presence felt in Indian homes due to its robust performance.
- Contains 3 multi-function jars of different sizes for performing multiple functions such as liquidizing, blending, grinding, etc.
- Contains 3 stainless steel blades that are robust and can handle tough work with best results.
- The Glowy Mixer has a compact body with a sleek finish that saves up on space and can fit into any kitchen counter by using minimum space
- Has overload protection for its motor. It comes with a protection feature against over-heating. This is a red button that is present on the base of the mixer. By pressing this button, the machine can be restarted, if the machine gets over-heated.
- Has a liquidizer jar along with nice and comfortable handle
- It has a three level speed regulator by which the blade speed can be regulated. It also contains a pulse control feature that can be used for brief pulsing only
- The mixer is easy to clean and can be maintained easily. It has a locking mechanism to hold the jar firmly on to it.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty on the product
5. Billion Power Grind – 750 W
Billion is a brand owned by Flipkart. They are launching durable and cost-effective products for the Indian consumer. This 750 Watt mixer grinder is durable and efficient. It makes cooking much easier.
It contains 3 jars and two lids. The liquidizer and dry jars have one common lid. The mixer grinder has several functions warrants a special mention. You can read our detailed billion mixer grinder review for information on their other products too.
Check Live Price – Flipkart
It is easy to use and can be used for grinding, for both thick and thin pastes as well as for powdering. The jars are made to serve for a number of years and have various features that are inbuilt. If used rightly, they can serve for multiple years.
- The mixer grinder comes with a powerful motor that is most durable. It works with a 750 w motor that runs fast and grinds finely. It performs well for both large and small quantities. The motor can run continuously for 30 minutes.
- The jar and the blades are designed uniquely. The three-blade system is most useful for tough grinding. The jars have flow-breaking designing to keep the ingredients within its centre. This makes it easier for grinding. The blades have a lift-and-grind facility for consistent work.
- The jars are large and all ingredients can be ground easily. The jars come in various sizes. The 1.5 L size is the liquidizing jar. The 1.2 L jar is for grinding. The 0.4 L jar is for chutney grinding. The three jars contain 2 lids. The liquidizing jar and the dry jar have one lid in common.
- The power cord is long, with a length of 2 meters. This helps to plug in the mixer grinder properly and have enough space to work. The cylindrical design helps it to stay shock-proof.
- The mixer grinder is made of ABS plastic, to help it to stay durable and stable. It gives a sleek look to the product. It can perform all types of heavy tasks, which is especially useful for the Indian kitchen.
- The motor contains shielding beads which help in preventing distortion of the signal by preventing static interferences.
- The jars are bigger in size and have large handles that are easy to hold.
- The latest model of Billion grinder has a unique 6 blade system. This makes grinding, mixing extremely more efficient compared to your regular grinders.
The Winner – Best Mixer Grinders in India
As already stated above, I personally recommend the Preethi Zodiac MG-218 as the topmost mixer grinder in all aspects. Be it Looks or Performance. It has various unique features that make it stand above the rest of the crowd. The jars are of the right size to be used for Indian cooking and the body of the appliance is durable and strong.
The Preethi Blue Leaf Diamond 750 watt Mixer Grinder comes next in line, in terms of quality and performance. The grinder does not look as good as Zodiac and also does not have a lot of fancy features. However, it is much cheaper compared to Zodiac MG-218.
The model Philips HI2645, comes in at third. It has a powerful 750-Watt Motor, 3 Jars and is a good performer with great features.
Which are the best Mixer Grinder Brands in India?
Preethi has emerged as one of the leading home appliances brand in India. They manufacture and sell products such as pressure cookers, induction cook-tops, mixer grinders, table top wet grinders. They are a trusted brand in India with good sales facilities as well as service facilities across India.
One of the oldest Indian brands able to compete effectively with foreign competitors. Bajaj is known for budget products that perform well and are good for the wallet too. You can get your Bajaj appliance fixed almost in any local shop near your home.
Philips is a global brand that has a great reputation in India too. Philips is known for building products with latest features and functionalities. The products generally are also the best performers in their respective categories.
This is private label brand launched by Flipkart. It is proudly marketed as “Made in India”. The billion mixer grinder products are currently exclusively available only on Flipkart.
5. Morphy Richards
Morphy Richards is a European brand that has been in the business of selling household appliance for over 80 years now. The company claims to sell over a whopping 5 million units of their products every year, the world over. However, Morphy Richards is being marketed and serviced by Bajaj Electricals Limited in India.
LifeLong group of companies have been operational for over 25 years now and have business in a various different sector like Manufacturing, Travel, Wedding & Event Managment. In electronics vertical, they sell their products exclusively online and through TV channels.
Orient Electric as a company started its operation in 1939 (It was initially incorporated as Orient Paper Mills). They diversified into the home appliance business only in the year 2011. However, the brand became a household name in the 90’s when they launched a major ad campaign to promote ceiling fans with PSPO technology.
Prestige as a brand in India need no introduction. You have Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan promoting the same on television lately. Their tagline “Jo Biwi se kare Pyar, Woh Prestige se kaise kare inkar” has helped them establish themselves as the leading brand preferred by Indian Women for their kitchen.
Eveready has been in India for more than 100 years and has been one of the most preferred brands by the Indians. It holds around 50% of the market share in India. In the flashlight market, it has been holding 75% of the market share. The brand is preferred not only in India but around the world.
Why is Mixer Grinder Important in Indian Kitchen?
Mixer Grinder helps in performing various functions such as blending, grinding, powdering, etc. There are various types of blenders. However, the mixer grinder is a multipurpose machine, which helps in performing the works of a mixer and sometimes serves as a mini-grinder. It runs on an electric motor that uses less than one horsepower or 746 watts.
By choosing the right mixer grinder, you can get your work done in record time, especially when you have to finish cooking, cleaning and go to work. There are various mixer grinder brands and models available in the market. The Indian household requires a tough mixer grinder that can handle grinding tough ingredients such as coconut, spices, pulses, etc. by choosing the best mixer grinder you can have your cooking made simplified. It makes cooking much easier and fun to do.
Having a compact mixer grinder to suit the size of the kitchen is preferred. Some Indian women even have a preference that all their kitchen appliance including their mixer grinder go well with the decor of their kitchen. The mixer grinder is most suitable for the Indian kitchen, where women powder all sorts of ingredients in several ratios to keep up the secret flavour of their cooking.
Choosing the best mixer grinder is the option of the buyer. Buying the best product that is best suited to fit the budget and the requirement, should always be given the first priority while buying any product. The short review on various products and their features will give a better understanding to customers, who have a number of products, brands, models and colours, available in the market. Choosing the best products, by giving preference to price, should also be considered.
As a handy kitchen appliance, the mixer grinder plays a most valuable role in the kitchen. Unless cooking is made easier, the entire job of cooking, cutting, mincing and grinding, will become tiresome. The Indian kitchen uses various spices and ingredients that are mixed in various dishes in various forms. The invention of the mixer grinder has replaced the traditional stone-grinder which was a tiresome and heavy work though it gave an additional flavour when the stone-grinder was used.
Efficiency and durability have been the chief characteristics of the mixer grinder that have made it most popular in the kitchen. The jars come in various shapes and sizes to suit the ingredients such as dry grinding, wet grinding, grating, extracting juices, etc. ingredients of various textures can be made according to the need of the food and by using the right jar, the ingredients can be ground to thick or thin consistency.