In this review, I will be comparing Preethi Zodiac MG 218 vs Preethi Zion MG 227. The article will cover the similarities, differences, price as well as guide you on which model you should be buying for your kitchen.
If you are a regular Indian family, who does a lot of cooking in different styles. You should opt for this particular model (Amazon). However, if you are a small family of 2. Cook only regular meals, plus you don’t need juicing functionality, you can save some money and opt for this model (Flipkart).
However, if you wish to go through the detailed comparison, do read this article till the end. I will also be recommending another product by a different brand that you can consider in this same price range.
Preethi Zodiac vs Zion
I will start off this comparison with a table. This comparison table will help you quickly visualize the differences between the two models. It should also help most of you form a decision on which product is the right fit for your needs.
Similarities: Preethi Zodiac vs Preethi Zion
If looked at both products and your first thought was that both these mixer grinders are same, you were not wrong.
There are a lot of similarities between these two products and their features. The same has been summarized below:
- Both products have similar form and design. There are, however, some minor changes in the colours used to differentiate them. As you can see above Zion has a, more prominent, blue outline around the base of the mixer grinder.
- They both use 750 Watts powerful Vega W5 series motor.
- Both of them come equipped with Masterchef plus Jar. This Jar has 5 multi-function blades. The unique jar design and handy blades help you with various functions like kneading atta, chopping vegetables or salads, slicing, dicing & grating.
You can have a look at all the features of Preethi Zodiac in this video below:
Cons of Both Mixers:
- Both mixers do make a lot of noise and I would ideally like them to be a bit more silent. If you wish to buy a more silent product, go for this Panasonic Mixer Grinder instead. This Panasonic model has a more powerful 1000 W motor and is available in various colours as well.
You May Like:
Differences: Zodiac Vs Zion
I will now discuss the difference between the two products:
- The main difference is the number of Jars that each of the mixer grinders comes with. Zodiac comes with 5 Jars while Zion has only 4 Jar attachments.
- The Jars are also of different sizes. The smallest Jar in Zodiac is the 0.5 Liters Chutney Jar, while the Zion has a smaller 0.2 Liters Jar meant to grind spices. This is really helpful if you have a small family and need to grind masalas in really small quantity.
- The Zion comes with 0.2 L turbo spice Jar, 0.5 L Chutney Jar, a 1.5 L Liquidizer/wet Jar and MasterChef+
- Zodiac has 0.5 L Chutney Jar, 1.0 L Grinding Jar, 1.2 L Juicer & MasterChef+
- Warranty: Zodiac comes with a 2-year warranty on the product and a 5-year warranty on the motor. While, surprisingly, Zion only has a 2-year warranty on the product. It does not have an additional warranty for the motor.
- Price: It is not surprising that Zodiac is slightly more expensive as compared to Zion due to the additional features and warranty that it offers.
- Colour: As highlighted earlier, there is a slight difference in the colour of the two products. Personally, I find the Zodiac looking much better and more classy compared to Zion.
Which one should I Buy?
This brings us to the main question that we are trying to answer in this review. Which one should you buy?
To be honest the two products are so similar, that the honest answer to this question is – Which one do you need?
If you love to cook a lot of different recipes, make juices & smoothies for your family and friends – You should surely opt for the Preethi Zodiac. You will be able to utilize the centrifugal juicer and the larger grinder jar well.
On the other hand, if you are a bachelor or have a small family of 2. The smaller 0.2 L spice grinder Jar will be a useful addition to your kitchen – You should opt for Zion and also save some money in the process.
This brings me to the end of my review of Preethi Zodiac MG 218 vs Preethi Zion MG 227. If you think I missed adding a point, do share the same. I will surely add it to the article above.
I hope you found this article useful and it helped you make your purchase decision. If you have any further questions, do feel free to ask them in the comments section below.