I am not kidding when I say that my Refrigerator caused be back pain over the years. Most Indians face this problem because we use the refrigerator (Especially the vegetable basket) more compared to the freezer.
I wish no one buying a new refrigerator would make the same mistake that I did, hence I have compiled this list of Best Bottom Freezer Refrigerators in India. I have also listed their Pros and Cons compared to a regular double door Fridge.
A refrigerator is the most hardworking appliance that you have in your kitchen. It functions for 24 hours a day and 7 days a week without any break. So it is a must you buy the right machine for your needs. This will ensure a peaceful cooking time for years to come.
For most Indian families with 3 to 4 members at home, I would recommend buying This Refrigerator by Haier (Amazon). This product offers a good value for money and has more than enough storage space
However, if you have a large family at home or want to buy a bigger refrigerator, you can opt for This product by Hitachi (Flipkart). This refrigerator has a side by side door on the top and a big drawer that acts as a Freezer at the bottom.
Continue reading, if you would like to know more options in different price bands, below.
What is a Bottom Freezer Refrigerator?
I will start with the basics. If you have already done your bit of research on what bottom freezer refrigerator is and its pros and cons, you can easily skip this section go directly to my recommendations.
So, what is a bottom freezer?
Just imagine your regular double door refrigerator upside down. This means you will have the freezer door down at the bottom, while the refrigerator will be on the top.
So why is this better? Is this design really better compared to my regular fridge?
You will find the answers to these questions below in the advantages or the Pros section.
What are Its Advantages:
In India, we have a good percentage of people who are Vegetarians. Out of the remaining, a vast majority don’t consume meat on a daily basis.
We Indians also don’t have a culture of eating a lot of packed food (Thankfully). So even people who consume meat/fish daily, like to buy the produce fresh, cook and eat it on the same day.
The major use case of freezers in India is to store desserts like Icecreams, make Ice or sometimes store meat or packed food.
While the most used compartment of storing vegetables, fruits and salad is provided right at the bottom. A bottom freezer solves this problem.
Summary of benefits is as below:
- Ease of use. Since the most used section i.e. the refrigerator is right in front of you, it becomes easier to use, organize and find things.
- No need to bend down repeatedly to pull out the vegetables while cooking.
Issues of using a Bottom Freezer Refrigerator:
This design does have some drawback, which I will highlight below:
- It does take some time and an open mind to get used to this new system. You will need some patience before your mind gets used to it.
- Generally, the items stored in freezers are heavier compared to vegetables. So when you do need to take them out, you will need to spend some effort.
- Some bottom freezers open up like a drawer, this enables you to easily store more items in the same as compared to a regular freezer (Since you can arrange the food items neatly)
However, overall I still prefer a bottom freezer refrigerator over a regular double door fridge. Mainly because how easy it is to use it for everyday cooking.
Best Bottom Freezer Refrigerators:
I will now start off with my list of recommended products.
1. Haier HRB-3654PKG – 345 Liters
As I said earlier in the intro, this is my prefered pick amongst all the bottom freezer out there. Is this the best machine? Certainly not. However, I believe, this is the best fridge for most Indian household.
It is not too big or small and is available in an acceptable price range. However, there is one major drawback to this product which I will discuss below.
- Haier HRB-3654PKG is a frost-free refrigerator with double doors.
- This fridge has a capacity of 345 Liters which is good enough for a family of 3 to 4 members.
- The product has 3 Star energy saving rating.
- Haier offers a one year warranty on the product and 10 years on the compressor of the fridge.
- Cost effective – You get a lot of features, storage space and a good product for an acceptable price. Use the link I provided above to check latest offers on this refrigerator.
- The freezer is not a drawer like a compartment. It has a regular door which opens on the outside (Refer to the image above).
- Having a door like this on the smaller bottom compartment makes it less comfortable to use. This type of door is not recommended for elderly people with knee pain etc
2. Hitachi R-WB480PND2 GBK – 456 Liters
If you spend a bit more to buy a really good product, I will surely recommend you to go for the Hitachi’s R-WB480PND2 GBK. It is available in two colours, Black & Brown.
This product combines the best qualities of side by side & bottom freezer refrigerators in a single unit. The refrigerator on top has two side by side (French) doors. While the bottom freezer works like a drawer.
- A large refrigerator with a total storage capacity of 456 Liters, ideal for a family of 4+ members.
- A smart vegetable compartment that prevents loss of moisture and keeps your vegetables and fruits fresh for a longer period of time.
- The freezer works frost free and comes with a drawer style fitting.
- The freezer has a double deck on the inside, which helps you organize your food better.
- This refrigerator has a wide variety of modes which can be selected with the help of a beautifully designed touch panel on the door.
- Hitachi R-WB480PND2 GBK also has a child lock functionality.
- This fridge comes with an inverter compressor which is energy efficient. It is also equipped with Hitachi’s dual fan cooling technology.
Watch the video below for a closer look at the product and to understand its usage modes and technology:
3. Haier HRB-3404BS-R / E – 320 Liters
This is the third product in my list of Best Bottom Freezer Refrigerators in India. An economical option, that will be ideal for young families of 2 to 3 people.
Even though the company claims it can be used by a family of 4, I will certainly opt for a slightly bigger refrigerator for such a family.
The biggest advantage of this product is a bigger vegetable box that it comes with. It can easily help you store vegetable for a few days worth.
This is also one of the best selling bottom freezer refrigerators in India online.
- The fridge has a storage capacity of 320 Liters.
- Has a three-star energy rating for energy savings.
- 2 times bigger vegetable crisper to give you more storage space.
- Enough space in the door to store a large water bottle or juice cans.
- The refrigerator comes with adjustable toughened glass.
- It can work without a stabilizer and handle minor voltage fluctuations.
You can watch the video below by Flipkart for a closer look at the product and understand the features of the fridge:
Suggested Reading – Samsung 5 in 1 Convertible Refrigerators
4. Bosch KGN57AI40I – 505 Liters
Bosch has been doing very well in India lately. They have got some really good reviews from customers simply because of the quality of product you get for the price.
The Bosch KGN57AI40I is no different. The steel finish, elegant display panel and the cooling performance helped it get on this list.
- A frost free refrigerator with double door.
- Comes with a large storage capacity of 500+ Liters. Ideal for large Indian families.
- The machine uses an inverter compressor. It is very silent in operation and can run for years without any maintenance or repairs.
- Bosch provides a 1 year on the product and a 10 years warranty on the compressor
5. LG GC-B559EVQZ – 499 Liters
LG did not have (or at least I could not find one) a bottom freezer refrigerator in the Indian market for a long time.
An of LG brand loyal customers had to look for alternatives because of this. But you don’t have to do so anymore.
LG has launched GC-B559EVQZ in the premium refrigerator category.
Check the Latest Price in India – Flipkart
- A 499 Liter fridge with an amazing gold finish.
- Uses auto defrost technology to prevent ice build up in the refrigerator.
- Has a digital sensor and comes with inverter compressor. Which helps it run without any noise and is energy efficient.
- Uses eco-friendly cooling refrigerant.
- Is equipped with an anti-bacterial gasket.
- The shelves can be folded to easily make space for taller vessels.
- Comes with a lock on the door. Helpful if you have children at your home.
- Has a multi-vent cooling system. This helps the refrigerator to cool fast and in an efficient manner.
- LG offers a 10-year warranty on the compressor.
- The freezer does not open up like a drawer but a regular door (Difficult to use).
- Does not have a good inbuilt stabilizer. (Good to have an external stabilizer)
You May Like – Best LG Refrigerators in India
6. Panasonic NR-BR307VSX1 – 296 Liters
Panasonic is still not known in India for large appliances. However, this product is so good that it had to be included in this list.
A really good option for small families who are looking to buy a product with a good finish and performance.
Check the Latest Price of this Product – Flipkart
- A good storage capacity of 296 Liters for a small Indian family.
- Uses a reciprocatory Inverter Compressor. This is not as efficient as digital inverter compressor but is a better option compared to regular compressors.
- Has a 2-star energy rating.
- Comes with a built-in stabilizer.
- Uses toughened glass for the shelf and has an antibacterial gasket.
7. Whirlpool French Door Bottom Mount – 570 Liters
This the second fridge in my list which combines the advantages of a french door refrigerator with that of a bottom mount one.
This is also the biggest refrigerator on this list in terms of the capacity. An ideal product for large families with heavy usage of refrigerator space.
Check the Latest Price & Offers – Amazon
- A frost free refrigerator with a huge storage capacity of 570 Liters.
- As soon as you open the french doors you will find yourself inside a large pantry. With storage space all around.
- Touch led control panel helps you easily navigate through the various modes.
- Easy and fast Ice maker. The fridge has a sperate compartment to add water to for quick ice formation.
- Has an inbuilt stabilizer.
- Comes with moisture retention technology and UV lights to keep your food fresh and healthy for longer periods of time.
- The freezer section contains two drawer style compartments at the bottom.
- Whirlpool offers a 1-year warranty on the product and 10-year warranty on the compressor.
You will need to shell out a lot of money initial to buy this beast but post that, you will not have to worry about running out of space in your refrigerator ever.
This brings me to an end of my review of the Best Bottom Freezer Refrigerators in India. I really hope this helped you select the right brand and product for your household. If you have any further questions, do write to me using the comments section below. I will try my best to answer them as accurately as possible.