When you are buying any home appliance, you will not only aim to buy the one that gives you full returns on your investment, but also the one where manual effort is as minimal as possible. The same is the case with Frost Free Refrigerators as well. Hence I wrote this article to bring you the Best Frost Free Refrigerators in India.
Thanks to their automatic defrost system, these frost-free refrigerators are quite popular in the world today. This way, you don’t have to spend any time and effort to manually defrost your refrigerator. Refrigerators don’t follow the “one size fits all” principle.
You should choose them based on your needs and the number of people in your family. This can get quite difficult for you, as there are hundreds of models at your disposal. To make things simple for you, I have reviewed three top frost-free refrigerators in India for bachelors, small families and large families. Read through and make a qualified decision accordingly.
Summary – Which Frost Free Refrigerator to Buy?
The capacity of a frost-free refrigerator is one of the first points that you have to check when you are buying one for your family. If you are a bachelor or a very small family with a maximum of 2 to 3 members, you can opt for a 200 t0 250l fridge. For small families with up to 5 members, a 250 to 350l fridge would be good enough. For large families with more than 5 members, you need a refrigerator that has more than 400l capacity, at least.
Based on these specifications, I did analyze a lot of models and have arrived at the following conclusion. This Godrej Double Door Refrigerator is an excellent choice for bachelors and very small families.
The same model (although in a different colour) is also available on Flipkart. I recommend you click here to compare prices on both websites first before placing your order. This will ensure you get the best deal available.
When you are looking at refrigerators at less than 200l capacity, you may come across the direct cool models. These involve quite a bit of manual effort. Therefore, I am recommending frost-free models only in this article.
Let’s have a look at these products in detail in the following sections.
Top 3 Frost Free Refrigerators in India:
1. Godrej 236 L Double Door Refrigerator
If you want the benefits of a frost-free refrigerator but at an affordable cost, you can opt for the 236l, 2-star energy rated, frost-free, double door refrigerator from Godrej. Godrej is one of the most trusted brands in the home appliances market and you will definitely not be disappointed with this model. It has been specifically designed for bachelors or very small families (up to 3 members).
However, if you wish to buy a single door refrigerator, I recommend have a look at my recommendations by Clicking Here.
Check Latest Price, Available Colours & More User Reviews – Amazon India
- The frost-free design ensures that there is no ice build-up inside at all
- Thick insulation and removable anti-bacterial gasket ensure that the foods kept inside are cool and fresh always
- The bottle storage capacity of 2.5l, which helps you to store very big sized juice and water bottles
- The unique technology of carbon palladium deodorizer locks the aroma of your foods, delaying decay as much as possible
If you wish to have a closer look at this product and its features, I recommend having a look at the video by Flipkart below:
- 236l capacity perfect for small families and bachelors
- Energy-efficient design and comes with a 2-star energy rating
- Not necessary to use any external stabilizer
- Glass shelf can hold up to 150kg
- Fridge lights up when opened, thereby giving you easy visibility
- Quick access box enables you to easy access to items that you want without having to remove any tray or shelf
- Few users were disappointed with faulty refrigerators being delivered to them when they shopped online
- Godrej customer service could have been better
Who should buy this model?
A 160 to 200l fridge would be good enough for you if you are a bachelor or have a very small family. However, most of the refrigerators in this capacity are direct cooling models. Therefore, I would highly recommend this model for you, because it is the starting range of frost-free models and is priced quite attractively. You can now enjoy the benefits of a double door and automatic defrosting but at a good price.
2. LG 260L 4-Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
This product is designed for small and medium-sized families that have a maximum of 5 members. The LG 260L, 4-Star, Frost-Free, Double Door Refrigerator is a complete package that has the right balance of power, precision and performance. You can trust this refrigerator to satisfy your needs because of the following details.
Check the Latest Price in India – Flipkart
- Noiseless operation and freshness of foods possible, thanks to the smart inverter compressor
- High-quality of cooling guaranteed, as the multi air-flow cooling technology ensures uniform airflow to all parts of the fridge
- Smart Diagnosis technology-enabled, thanks to which you can spot issues and resolve them quickly
- Comes with the Auto Smart Connect feature, due to which you can automatically connect the fridge to the inverter in case of a power shutdown
- Comes with a Moist Balance Crisper, a box, which ensures optimum retention of moisture within the fridge
- Double door facility with a 4-start energy rating and 260l capacity, which makes it ideal for medium-sized families
- Anti-bacterial gasket to keep the foods fresh and germ-free
- Toughened glass is used to construct the three shelves
- Smart Inverter Compressor guarantees energy savings up to 48%, as the temperature is automatically adjusted based on the contents kept inside
- Customer service of LG not up to the mark(In few areas). No proper service for damaged or defective parts
You May Like – LG vs Samsung Refrigerators in India, Which one to Buy?
Who should buy this model?
You will not get helpful customer service from all companies, will you? Judging the quality of a product based on the brand’s customer service is unfair, according to me. With my experience, I can definitely tell you that the LG 260L has done a decent job in most of the medium-sized families so far.
3. Haier HRF 618L Side by Side Refrigerator
You will need more than 400 or 450l to cater to a large family that consists of more than 5 members. As the capacity of a fridge goes up, so does its price. Therefore, frost-free refrigerators that cater to a large family don’t come cheap. This is why you should think twice before choosing one for your big family. I am quite happy to recommend the Haier HRF 618L for you because it is one of the best in this heavy-duty category.
Read More User Reviews – Amazon India
- Comes with sophisticated technical features such as Super Cool and Super Freeze, which you can use when you want to accelerate the cool or freeze functionalities
- Slimline Design ensures that the fridge is slim and sleek enough to fit in all sizes of modular kitchen with ease
- Holiday Function enabled; when activated, the freezer will be reset to normal functionality while the fridge temperature will be automatically set to 17 Degrees C
- Comes with Fuzzy Logic button; when activated, the temperature settings in the freezing and refrigerating chambers are automatically adjusted to complement the internal temperature changes
- Side by Side Door feature makes it very easy to use the fridge; the contours of the door are located at 90 degrees
- Comes with One-Touch LED control; now you can control the functionalities of the refrigerator with a single touch of a button
If you wish to have a closer look at the product and understand its features, I recommend watching the video below.
- Known for its energy efficiency; daily consumption is stated at less than 0.98 units per day
- Comes with the best fridge-freezer ratio in this capacity range
- Technologically sophisticated yet easy to use
- Toughened & sturdy glass used for constructing the shelves
- Refrigerator stopped working for some users when used for more than a year
- Quite steeply-priced
You May Like – Samsung Convertible Refrigerators in India – A Review
Who should buy this model?
I am personally a fan of the class and texture of the Haier brand of home appliances because they are stylishly designed and full of sophisticated technology. So, I would definitely recommend the Haier HRF 618 SS Frost-Free Refrigerator for big families. I am sure they will give you, the buyer, a good return on your investment.
What is a Frost Free Refrigerator?
You have to first understand what a frost-free refrigerator is and how it works, before proceeding to buy the right model for your needs. As the name suggests, a frost-free refrigerator is one that is devoid of any frost or ice. The air circulation inside the refrigerator is always maintained at uniform levels, thanks to the presence of electrical fans.
The concealed cooling coils of this type of refrigerator ensure that there is no mess created inside. It is very easy to clean and maintain a frost-free refrigerator, which explains the reasons for its popularity today.
Notable features of the frost-free refrigerator
- Greater safety and freshness for the food items kept inside as they aren’t in direct contact with the coils
- Comes in a very wide range of capacities, which makes it ideal for all sizes of families
- Come with electrical fans for automatic cooling and thermostats for automatic adjustment of temperature
Do you need a Defrost or Frost-Free Refrigerator?
Though a frost-free refrigerator is more user-friendly and sophisticated, I cannot blindly tell you that it is always better than the manual defrost (direct cooling) refrigerators. You could still choose the defrost refrigerators if that’s the most convenient option for you. How do you know if you need defrost or frost-free refrigerator? Keep reading to know more about this.
You need a defrost refrigerator if:
- You are a bachelor or have a very small family (2 to 3 members only).
- If you are comfortable with using single door fridges (as defrost refrigerators come in this model only).
- You want to spend less on your energy bills ( defrost fridges consume lesser electricity than their frost-free counterparts).
- Want a fridge that completes the basic functionalities of keeping the foods fresh and cool.
- You don’t want to deal with unnecessarily hot outer parts when the fridge is in use.
- Don’t mind to do the extra tasks of defrosting your fridge without fail every night and cleaning it as and when necessary.
- You are on a tight budget when you set out to buy a refrigerator for your home.
You need a frost-free refrigerator if:
- Have a medium-sized or big-sized family.
- You have the money to splurge on the double-door or side-by-side doors that frost-free models come in.
- Don’t have the time to manually defrost your fridge every day or clean leakages frequently.
- You want a smart and intelligent fridge that will do the frosting and temperature adjustment on its own
- Want your foods to remain fresh and safe for a long time.
- You don’t mind the high energy consumption of the frost-free refrigerator because it is perfect for your family.
Which is the better model – Direct Cool or Frost-Free
As you can see from the previous section, both the direct cool and frost-free types of refrigerators have their own design that is suitable for various people. I cannot say that the direct cool model is the better version or vice versa. However, I will not leave you guessing, either! I can make one point here strongly, that will help you to make your mind about your choice for a refrigerator.
If you are a bachelor or a family of a maximum of 3 members, you can do with the direct cool refrigerators. I don’t think it makes any sense to splurge on a huge frost-free refrigerator for such a small family. A direct cool fridge is definitely capable of keeping your foods fresh and cool; therefore, I don’t see any problem in small families buying one for their homes.
However, if the number of members in your family is more than 3, it is prudent for you to invest in a frost-free model. These fridges come in a variety of capacity sizes. So, if you are a 4-member family, you could still get a 260 to 300l frost-free fridge to meet your requirements.
Must Read – Best Bottom Freezer Refrigerators in India
After reading this article, I hope you will give serious thought to list down your requirements first before proceeding to buy a refrigerator for your home. Yes, frost-free models are the best in the town, but if you are a bachelor, you don’t have to put your money in such a costly model. A cheaper and effective model (direct-cooling) would do for you.
If you think a frost-free refrigerator is a right fit for your family, you know where to look for the best recommendations based on your family size. I have picked the three most popular frost-free fridges in the market for review in this article. So, you can go ahead and choose whichever suits your family size the best.
This brings me to the end of my review of the Best Frost Free Refrigerators in India. I hope I was able to help you select the right one for your kitchen. So, which one did you opt for? How has been your experience with the product so far? Do share your thoughts in the comments section below.