Dutch ovens are known by different names in different countries. The most common names begin Simmer Pan, Simmering Pot or sometimes even a handi in India. Regardless of the name, their purpose is the same –to cook dishes slowly and evenly. Here, I have reviewed the top 5 Best Dutch ovens in India. Aiming to help you buy the best product for your kitchen.
Summary – Which Dutch Oven to Buy?
Though many modern forms of Dutch ovens have been introduced, I would highly recommend this model to buy, because it has an old-world charm attached to it, thanks to the cast iron metal used in making it. Cooking experience using this pot is really good. The food does not get burnt as the cast iron layer is really thick. This also helps in more uniform cooking.
Best Dutch Ovens in India
Without any further delay, let me jump right into my list of the best products in this category. I have covered products which are a bit expensive but will last you for a lifetime as well as budget options as well.
1. Lodge L8DOL3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Dual Handles
If you are looking for a Dutch oven that is not only easy to handle but also one that keeps the moisture intact in the foods cooked in it, this one from Lodge is a good choice for you. You should buy this oven if you want to cook foods on a uniform and slow heat.
Check the Latest Price & More User Reviews – Amazon India
Like most of the Dutch oven brands in the world, this one from Lodge too is made from rugged cast-iron. This lends durability to this cooking pot and it can be used for many generations. The cast iron metal also helps in uniform heat distribution from the sidewalls of the pot to the contents of the pan.
Are you looking to buy this Dutch oven for your home? You will not be disappointed because it comes with the following features:
- Ready to use as soon as you unpack it because it is pre-seasoned with a formula containing vegetable oils
- Multi-functional cookware that is used for cooking various types of dishes
- Excellent retention of heat; handles help you to carry the pot using oven mitts
- Can be used at kitchens and camps, thanks to its durability
- A stylish flat-bottomed pot that contains excellent nutritional value of iron
- Not prone to damages or rust accumulation
To make things more interesting, Lodge also offers a lot more designs and few colour variations as well.
Check out all Models & Colours by Clicking Here
The coloured variations have enamel coating, making them easier to work with compared to regular castiron versions offered by Lodge.
2. Amazon Brand Solimo Cast Iron Dutch Oven
The Cast Iron Dutch Oven from Amazon brand Solimo is a good product that offers you full value for your money. It is known for its durability, even heat distribution and heat retention properties. Thanks to its versatility, it is used to cook a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.
They offer two versions. One with an enamel coating and the other one made using stainless steel.
This Dutch oven is made from 100% food-grade, super-premium cast iron, which gives the pot the best possible heat distribution and retention feature. The pot has an attractive and glossy finish, thanks to the external enamel coating. This acts as a protection to the cast-iron metal as it prevents problems such as rusting.
- Compatible to be used on all types of cooking surfaces such as stoves, oven, broiler, etc.
- Comes with a weight of 8kg and a maximum weight capacity of 7700ml, which makes it a handy unit in your kitchen
- Can be used in the oven up to a maximum of 400 degrees F
- Has dual handles and comes with a lid
3. Rock Tawa Dutch Oven
If you want the goodness of a Dutch oven, but in a simple and affordable unit, you can try the Rock Tawa Dutch Oven. It is an iron skillet that helps you enjoy fried dishes as and when you enjoy in the comfort of your home.
Check the Availability & Price – Amazon India
Cast-iron is the material used for making this Dutch oven from the Rock Tawa brand. Thanks to this metal, you will notice that the heat spreads evenly in all the contents of the skillet.
- Comes with a 3l capacity at an attractive price range; therefore, you will have a large cooking space to cook your favourite dishes
- Comes pre-seasoned with sunflower oil; therefore, you can use the skillet immediately after you unpack it
- Rock Tawa offers a one-year warranty on this skillet
- Compatible to be used with all types of cooking surfaces
4. Wonderchef Ferro Cast Iron Casserole with Lid
Are you looking for the traditional casserole or the Dutch oven but with a stylish finish? The Wonderchef Ferro Cast Iron Casserole with Lid is a good choice for you, in this case.
This casserole is made from heavy cast-iron metal. Therefore, it is the best choice for making one-pot dishes like Biryanis, Dals, etc. The heat is distributed evenly and also retained well in the dishes, thanks to the quality of the iron used. The purple colour comes from the glossy, enamel coating that acts as a perfect guard for the iron. This enamel coating is resistant to cracks, chips and rust. Therefore, it increases the durability of the cooking pot.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Has a maximum capacity of 3.4l, which means it is quite spacious to cook your favourite dishes
- A perfect blend of new age & traditional style of cooking
- Comes with a heavy lid that retains the moisture in the dishes, making them tender and tasty
- Interior funnel of the lid contains dots at the right places to aid the evaporation process, thereby ensuring uniform heating
- Can be cooked on gas stoves and induction stoves
- Compatible to be used along with ovens, freezer, dishwasher and grills
5. Prestige Omega Select Plus Senior Handi
Are you looking for a sturdy Dutch oven from a reputed brand? Try this Handi from Prestige Omega Select Plus and you won’t be disappointed at all.
Check the Latest Price & Offers – Amazon
The Prestige Omega Select Plus Senior Handi is made from a high-quality non-stick coating that has passed the Teflon quality tests. This coating is resistant to scratches and abrasions.
Here are some exciting features of this affordable Dutch oven:
- Comes with a lid and heavy-duty handles
- Compatible to be used with metal spoons
- Made from a 3-layer Teflon non-stick coating that isn’t resistant to scratches; therefore, no unnecessary residues are left behind in the pot
Dutch ovens are meant to last for many generations. However, in the above, I have also given some affordable options that are equivalent to traditional cooking pots. Choose the one that suits your requirements and budget constraints the best.
This brings me to the end of my review of the Best Dutch Ovens in India. Which one have you decided to opt for? Let me know in the comments section below.