In this review post, I will cover the various types of Gas Stoves you can buy online as well as a list of Best Gas Stoves in India with the price. I will also touch upon the leading brands that you can consider while buying Gas Stoves in India.
Traditionally, stoves are also called as “Chulhas” in India. Initially, these Chulhas were operated using either wood or dried cow dung, however, now either CNG or PNG gas are used for the same.
Prestige Royale is the best option for most kitchen needs. It is economical and a high-quality product. Available in Two, Three and Four Burner options – Click Here for User Reviews & Price
Types of Gas Stoves:
In this review, I am only covering Gas Stoves that are used in regular Indian kitchens. I will not be covering electric stoves in this review (also called as induction cooktops).
Gas Stoves can be classified based on the following parameters:
1. Installation Type:
There are two main ways in which the gas stoves can be installed in the kitchen. The first method is the fixed installation. In this, a permanent place is cut out in the kitchen platform and the hob is installed in it. If you are looking for this product, read the article on the best kitchen hobs in India.
Regular gas stoves that will be covered in this article can be moved to clean the platform below it. You can also easily replace or remove the stove for repairs.
2. Number of Burners:
Most gas stoves now are available either with 2, 3 or 4 burners. There are also a few options with a single burner but not a lot of people opt for the same nowadays.
3. Ignition Type:
With the advent of technology, you can now buy gas stoves with auto ignitions. These products need to be connected to a power supply or a battery inside to operating correctly. This feature is more common in kitchen hobs. Most gas stoves still have manual ignition.
4. Material used:
Most common and budget gas stoves are made using stainless steel. However, lately you get more modern looking and easy clean gas stoves that have a glass top. These glass tops are made using toughened glass to withstand the head and minor impacts from utensils.
Top 7 Best Gas Stoves in India:
1. Prestige Marvel Glass Top Gas Stove
Prestige is one of the top brands in India today dealing in Kitchen appliances and cookware. They recently launched the Prestige Marvel series of gas stoves. This model is available in 2 burners, 3 burner and 4 burner models.
A good option for someone looking for a decent product priced under Rs. 5,000 in India (3 & 4 burner models are expensive compared to 2 burner model)
- Manual gas stove – You will need to buy a separate lighter along with this product to ignite it safely.
- Uses high quality shatterproof toughened glass on the surface.
- Specially designed, tri pin burners for efficient gas usage.
- 2 years warranty by Prestige
This is the budget series by Prestige. You will need regular service and/or repairs for the product. If you need a better quality product, browse below for more options.
Must Read – Best Hob & Chimney Combos in India
2. Glen Gl 1041
This is the second product on my list of best gas stoves in India. If you have the budget and are looking for a great product that has all features and great quality. Then you should go for this one.
This is one the Best 4 Burner Gas Stove in India with Auto Ignition.
Check the Latest Price in India – Amazon
- A four burner cooktop with toughened glass (8 mm thickness)
- Rest of the body surface of the product has a premium looking matt steel finish to it.
- Easy to clean product. Stains etc can be easily removed from the glass surface using a wet cloth.
- Has a multi-spark auto ignition functionality for a quick flame. The model uses a battery for this functionality which can be replaced once the charge goes down.
- New age alloy burners with good efficiency. Comes with 5-year replacement warranty in case of a defect.
3. Butterfly Prism – Best 3 Burner Gas Stove
Easily the best-looking product in my list. Butterfly is a known brand in the Indian kitchen, however, they are not really known for cooktops. With this product, they have a made their presence felt in this vertical too.
Check Latest Price & View more Images – Amazon
- Ergonomically designed gas stove table. The product is equipped with highly durable ABS knobs.
- High design with front knob system. This makes it easy to use the product.
- Stainless steel spill trays for ease of clean and to reduce your workload.
- Brass burners that are very heat efficient. They also help provide uniform heat for better cooking.
- Does not have an auto ignition functionality.
4. Pigeon Ultra Glass
Pigeon Ultra Glass is one of the best selling 2 burner gas stove in India. This model is also available in 3 & 4 burner models. You can use the link below to view the prices.
At the time of writing this review, it seems like this product is exclusively available on Flipkart. This is one of the cheapest (quality product) Glass cooktop online.
Check the Latest Price & User Reviews – Flipkart (3 & 4 Burners Models available too)
This product uses high-efficiency brass burners (all three models use brass burners). It is made using stainless steel and covered with toughened glass.
5. Elica Vetro Glass Top – 703 CT VETRO BLK
Elica is a well-known brand for Kitchen Hobs and Chimneys. I have covered their products in my article Best Silent Kitchen Chimneys in India. If you are looking to buy kitchen chimney as well, do make sure you read the above-mentioned article as well.
At the time of writing this article, this product was also featured as a product of Amazon’s choice.
Check Latest Price and More User Reviews – Amazon
The product is equipped with brass burners, steel support plates & high-quality knobs for ease of use.
6. Lifelong 3 Burner Glass Top Gas Stove:
This is a budget product and hence the quality of the components used is not as good as some of the other products on this list. However, if you are looking for cheap options, this is a good product to buy.
Check Latest Price – Amazon
- 6mm toughened glass.
- The product uses nylon knobs.
- The cooktop has anti-skid rubber legs for ease of use
- Lifelong provides a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Lifelong also provide door step service unlike most other brands mentioned on this review.
7. Sunflame Pride – 3 Burner Gas Stove
This is the last product on my list of Best Gas Stoves in India. This model is also available in 2 burners and 4 burner versions.
The product is made using stainless steel and is covered with toughened glass. The cooktop has a brushed matt finish to it. It is equipped with steel drip trays for ease of cleaning.
View User Reviews, Rating and Price Online – Amazon
Key Factors to look for in a Gas Stove:
- Warranty – The amount of the warranty on the product shows the confidence of the brand in their own product line.
- Nozzle direction – An Important factor if you have limited space on your kitchen platform or if the cylinder connector is in a particular direction inside your kitchen.
- Burner material – Brass is a traditional material that is highly energy efficient. However, nowadays a lot of good brands use alloys that are as efficient but lighter in weight.
- ISI Certification – With most good brands mentioned in this review, you will not have to worry about ISI certification. However, if you are planning to buy a cheap or unknown brand, do check if the product has an ISI mark before using it. This is for your own safety.
- Budget – The amount of budget you have will heavily influence your choice. The higher budget will get you a better product in terms of the thickness of glass used, Burner design, safety features. A better budget will also get you some luxury feature like auto ignition.
Leading Brands Selling Gas Stoves in India:
The following are some of the leading brands that sell Gas Stoves online in India. A lot of these brands had their product covered in my list above.
This brings me to an end of my review on the best gas stoves/chulhas in India. I hope this article helped you select the right product as per your needs. If you need any further details or want to share your purchase experience, do use the comments section below to share your thoughts.