Safety is the prime factor that you have to consider while choosing your cookware pieces. Teflon-coated non-stick pans aren’t safe because they cannot tolerate high temperatures and are made up of toxic elements. This is why I have reviewed the Top 5 Best Non-Stick Pans Without Teflon in India. Read through and make a wise & safe choice to keep your foods healthy.
Summary – Best Non-Stick Pan without Teflon?
In the olden days, people in India used vessels made out of cast iron for cooking. This was mainly because of two main reasons. Firstly, cast-iron vessels could last for a lifetime. Secondly, when cooking with them, the foods got infused with healthy iron levels.
This is why I recommend Lodge Cast Iron Cookware Skillet (Click Here for Multiple Options) for anybody who is looking to buy a non-stick pan without Teflon in India. I have a similar pan in my kitchen and I have been using it ever since I can remember, without any major problems.
Flipkart too has a lot of designs to offer. You can check their entire collection by Clicking Here.
Alternately, you can also try this triply frying pan by Bergner.
Best Alternatives To Teflon
Though Teflon-coated non-stick pans are used by many people in India, they aren’t very safe when it comes to handling high degrees of heat. These Teflon coated pans are made with toxic elements known as PFCs (perfluorinated chemicals). When heated to about 400 degrees or more, these pans can get damaged and they may release harmful gases.
Therefore, I always tell my friends and family to go for non-Teflon cookware for safety purposes. The sad truth is that not many people know about some of the best alternatives to Teflon, which is why they continue to use the harmful Teflon-coated utensils.
Here, I have given some effective materials that you can watch out for when you are looking for a good alternative to Teflon:
1. Cast Iron
If you are looking for a Teflon alternative that is not only safe but also nutritious, you have to buy cast-iron pans. This is one of the oldest materials used for cooking purposes in India. When you cook with cast iron pans regularly, the iron from the pan gets infused into the foods as well, thereby making your foods healthy. Always buy cast-iron pans that are pre-seasoned, as this process takes a long time.
Stainless steel is the best alternative to Teflon if you are looking for a durable choice. You can season your steel pans well to avoid food sticking issues. The best part is that stainless steel cookware is resistant to scratches & rust; therefore, your pans look new for many years.
3. Ceramic Coating
Today there are lots of ceramic-coated cookware models available in the market as non-stick alternatives to Teflon. The only downside to them is that they aren’t very long-lasting. Check for basic information such as the material of the interiors (steel or aluminium or copper or anything else), compatibility with various cooktops and usability before putting your money in a particular model.
4. Hard-Anodized Coating
Hard-Anodized coated cookware is a good alternative to Teflon, especially if you are looking for a material that is free of toxins. The best quality of this material is that it distributes heat evenly inside the pan and is resistant to scratches. Mostly, this coating is made from a major amount of recycled steel.
Best Non-Stick Pans Without Teflon in India
1. Lodge Cast Iron Cookware Skillet
If you are looking for a frying pan which is heavy, heats up evenly but doesn’t use Teflon coating? This Bhagya Cast Iron Skillet is a good choice. Thanks to this product, you can now get evenly fried dishes that suit your taste.
Below are some remarkable features of this skillet that help you cook healthy dishes.
This skillet is made from 100% cast iron, which ensures that you can get your daily nutritional value of iron by cooking in this pan.
- Comes already pre-seasoned with Organic Gingelly Oil. However, you need to re-season it after using it for a while
- Comes with detailed manuals with instructions about re-seasoning
- Robust and Sturdy pan as the cast iron metal gives the desired balance & design to the vessel
- Is available in multiple designs, sizes and shapes. Buy the one that meets your needs.
2. Rock Tawa Pan
Are you looking for a non-stick pan that is suitable for deep frying and shallow frying your favourite food items? If you thought that the Teflon-coated pans were the only options for you, you are mistaken.
Cast iron is an excellent alternative that you can use to keep your foods healthy and tasty. Try the cast iron skillet from the Rock Tawa brand right now to enjoy the benefits.
This pan is made from heavy-duty cast iron. Usually, the problem with cast iron pans is that you have to season them.
However, with the Rock Tawa Pan, you don’t have to worry about this, because the pan comes pre-seasoned with sunflower oil. You can use the pan immediately after buying it.
- Cast iron pan improves the iron content in the foods that you cook using this pan
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Has a diameter of 10.5inches, depth of 5.2cm and thickness of 4.2mm; can be used on
- various types of cooking surfaces such as gas, induction and electric cooktops
- Built to last for many years as it is compatible to be used with high temperatures; can handle large amounts of heat with ease
3. Hawkins Futura Anodized Frying Pan
If you are interested in a non-stick frying pan that doesn’t rust but stays shiny even after many years of use, the Hawkins Futura Anodized Frying Pan is a good choice for you.
This pan is made from hard-anodized aluminium, which is way thicker than the usual non-stick pans that you would find in the market. Thanks to this metal, you can cook your favourite dishes without the fear of burning them.
- Comes with a detailed instruction manual, which lists the tips that you have to follow for taking care of the pan; manual also contains exciting recipes that you can try at home
- A unique design of the pan powered by rounded sides. Quite taller than most other pans in this price range, which helps you to stir the food without spilling them
- Comes with stay-cool handles, which are comfortable for you to grip even after long hours of usage
- Quite user-friendly, as it is compatible to be used with metal ladles and on gas cooktops
Tolerance to handle high heat levels
4. Bergner Argent SS Triply Frypan
The Bergner Argent SS Triply Fry Pan is not a visually appealing piece of cookware to add beauty to your kitchen is also a high-performance pan that helps you enjoy the cooking process. It enables you to control the heat and browning of the foods, just the way you desire.
Check the Latest Price – Amazon India
This fry pan is made from heavy-duty stainless steel with three protective layers of coating on the bottom of the pan and the sides. The external coating promotes uniform distribution of heat, thereby preventing issues related to hotspots.
The sides of the pan are coated with a thick stainless steel layer that doesn’t react with the foods. Thanks to this coating, your foods remain healthy. This 3-layer coating makes the pan highly durable and also easy to clean & maintain.
- Built to last for many years
- Comes with a shiny finish on the exteriors, which adds to the visual appeal
- A perfect blend of design and comfort as well
- Comes with a diameter of 24cm, which gives you a decent cooking space
- Helps in even heat distribution of the food, thereby avoiding over-browning of the foods
You May Like – Best Stainless Steel Pressure Cookers in India
5. Wonderchef Stanton Stainless Steel Fry Pan
The Wonderchef Stanton Stainless Steel Fry Pan is an elegant piece of cookware that is highly functional and a must-have in your kitchen. Why? These features tell you why this fry pan will add value to your everyday cooking routine.
Check the Availability & Latest Price – Amazon India
Crafted by the expert chef, Sanjeev Kapoor, the Wonderchef appliances are designed to perfection. This fry pan is no exception to the rule. It is made from a non-porous 304-grade stainless steel material that contains anti-bacterial properties.
The three-ply body’s upper & lower layer is made with stainless steel while the middle layer is made from aluminium. These ensure that heat is evenly distributed inside the pan while cooking. The heavy-duty steel is also resistant to rust.
- Handles made from stainless steel while the sleeves are made from silicone that makes the pan-resistant to burns
- Ergonomically-designed handles that are safe to hold
- Comes with the credibility that all Wonderchef brands carry with them; therefore, it is one of the sought-after models in the market today
If you want the goodness of non-stick pans, but without the dangers of Teflon coating, you can choose one of the above options that I have recommended.
The cast iron, stainless steel and aluminium used in these pans not only play a vital role in increasing the durability of the pans but they also help you in cooking healthy and evenly-cooked food.
This brings me to the end of my review of the Best Non-Stick Pans Without Teflon in India. I hope you were able to select the right non-stick pan for your needs. If you have any further questions, do feel free to ask them to me using the comments section below. I will be happy to answer them.