Bosch and IFB are the amongst the leading washing machine brands in India. I get a lot of questions from the readers, asking which of the two is a better brand? I have hence written this detailed review compare Bosch Vs IFB washing machines in India.
This post will be looking at the overall picture as well as compare their products in individual categories like Front Load, Top Load and Washing machines with different wash capacity. This will help you zero in on the right models for your needs.
If you don’t wish to go through the entire article, you can simply opt for the Bosch WAK24268IN. This is the washing machine that will suit most everyone’s requirements and performs really well.
This model is available on both Flipkart & Amazon India. Use the links below to compare prices and look at some more user reviews.
This also helps you understand that I prefer Bosch over IFB mainly due to service issues (There are other reasons too, you can read them in the article below.
Overall Comparision: IFB vs Bosch
- Build Quality: The build quality of Bosch is evident as soon as you look at the machine. It is built in a very robust manner and you should not face any issues for years to come.
- Bosch is the clear winner
- Service Quality: There was a time when IFB was known for its service quality. But lately, they have slipped a lot. You can read a lot of reviews on Flipkart and Amazon stating no installation done for 7 to 10 days even post follow-ups. Bosch, on the other hand, has good service quality. The representatives sent are also very efficient in their jobs.
- Price: There was a time when Bosch was considered an expensive & premium brand, while IFB was more a brand for the average middle class. A lot of people still have the same perception. However, Bosch now has come up with a very competitive product range that is priced similarly if not cheaper to a comparable product by IFB
- Both brands share the points on this one
- Features: On paper, both IFB, as well as Bosch, have similar features. They have named the technologies differently but in all work solve the same problem. However, as I said above, Bosch has a better build quality. Hence, I personally feel that their machines make less noise and vibrations compared to IFB. I will be listing down details of the technologies used at the end of the article.
We will now look at individual products.
I believe brands are there to serve our needs, we should not buy a product simply because we like the brand.
Bosch Vs IFB – Front Load Washing Machines
If you have the budget, you should always opt for the front load washing machines. These machines are water efficient and clean the clothes really well. If you wish, you can read a detailed comparison between front load and top load washing machine.
1. 8 KG Fully Automatic Front Load
a. IFB Senator Aqua SX
In the category of 8 Kg fully automatic front loading machines, I still feel the IFB Senator Aqua SX is the best choice.
IFB Senator Aqua SX has been in the market for quite some time now and we have literally thousands of customers rating this product as really good.
Do note, you will need to be mentally prepared for a delayed installation by IFB. If you are lucky, you might still have a good service by IFB in your city.
Key Features on IFB Senator:
- Wash drum capacity of 8 KG. Perfect for a family of 4 or 6 members. You can easily wash multiple bedsheets, blanket etc in one go
- 1400 rpm spin speed. You will get your clothes nice at dry at this speed. A must-have for people who stay in areas with extended and frequent rains
- The machine has a total wash cycle combination of over 100. You will not need so many different wash cycles but it always good to have various settings that you can adjust as per your needs
- The machine comes with a 4 year 100% warranty by IFB and 10 years support for spares
Have a look at this washing machine in action and also go through all the features in this video by Flipkart below:
I will not blame you if you do not wish to buy IFB after reading the article so far. So if you wish to opt only for a Bosch machine in this category, I suggest go for the Bosch WAT24464IN.
Suggested Read – IFB Senator Aqua SX vs Senator Smart Touch
b. Bosch WAT24464IN
This is a comparatively new product in the market. It was first made available on Amazon India in mid of this year.
The product looks really good and has a big LED display.
Key Features of Bosch WAT24464IN:
- A wash capacity of 8 KG, suitable for large families
- Dryer speed of 1200 rpm is slightly lower compared to IFB Senator showcased above
- Express wash functionality when you require a quick wash
- Anti vibrational design and silent operation
- Bosch provides a 2-year warranty on the product and 12 years warranty on the motor
You can also watch this video by Flipkart below to see this machine at a close up as well as know the finer details of the features offered by Bosch on this product.
2. 6 to 8 KG Front Load machines
I will now proceed with the comparison of Bosch VS IFB washing machines for the smaller capacity of 6+ KGs. These machines are good for a young couple or people with a small family of 2 or 3 people.
a. Bosch WAK24268IN
As I said at the beginning of my article, I think the Bosch WAK24268IN is the best washing machine in this entire list. If you wish to save some money you can also opt for the WAK24168IN model.
Do Read – Bosch WAK24268IN vs WAK24168IN – Difference between the two models
Key Features of Bosch WAK24268IN :
- Wash drum capacity of 7 Kgs. A good size for the medium-sized family of 3
- The spin cycle operates at a good speed of 1200 rpm giving you nice dry clothes at the end of the spin cycle
- Uses vario drum technology, which keeps your clothes new but washes them thoroughly
- Inbuilt technology helps this washing machine use less water and energy
- Bosch provides a 2-year warranty on the machine and 10 years on the motor
- Child lock functionality to keep your children safe
Here is a video where you see the Bosch WAK24218IN up close. Do note this is the cheaper of the two machines I discussed above and has a smaller display. The display size is the main difference between the two machines. The features remain the same.
Bosch Vs IFB – Top Load Washing Machines
People with space or budget constraints can opt for the top-loading washing machines. They are not as efficient at washing clothes or water management but you will surely get your job done.
However, I surely suggest buying a fully automatic one as it will save a lot of time and energy over a long period of time. Semi-automatic washing machines may look cheaper right now but they will not be my first choice.
1. 8+ Kg Capacity Top Load
The benefit of buying a top load machine is that you can buy a washing machine with a higher capacity for low cost (Compared to front loading machines)
So, if you have a large family but a limited budget, opt for any of the two machines below.
The same dilemma continues. I find the Bosch machines and the service a little better but the IFB machines have a long history and hence we know these machines can serve you well for years to come.
a. Bosch WOA956X0IN
A top load fully automatic washing machine from Bosch. This machine has a huge 9.5 KG wash capacity and easily help you clean curtains, bedsheets, blankets etc.
This same machine is also available in 8 KG capacity. So if you don’t need this big capacity, you can opt for the 8 KG washing machine also save some money in the process.
Check the Latest Price, Capacity Variations & User Reviews – Flipkart
At the time of writing this review, this particular model was available only on Flipkart. Use the link above to check the price and availability in your area.
- 9.5 KG wash capacity, a good machine for a large Indian family
- Dryer spins at 690 RPM
- High-quality steel wash drum
- 8 different wash cycles available
- User Vario Inverter motor. Comparatively silent compared to other machines on the market
- The lid closes smoothly and slowly, helps avoid unwanted injury
- Bosch provides a 2 Years Comprehensive warranty on the washing machine and 10 Years on Motor
b. IFB TL-SDG
A comparable machine in this category by IFB is the TL-SDG. The machine looks really good (I love grey/dark coloured appliances). It also has tons of interesting features.
This model is available on both Flipkart & Amazon India. They also have a lot of discounts & offers like no-cost EMI etc on these products.
- A fully Automatic Top Loading machine with a wash capacity of 9.5 KGs
- The large LED display helps easily select the wash cycles and view the progress of the wash
- A high spin capacity at 720 RPM (more compared to Bosch machine above)
- Stainless steel drum for durability and better wash
- 12 different wash cycles with express wash option
- A light inside the drum makes it easy for you to do laundry at night
- 4 years warranty on the product by IFB and 10 years support for spares guaranteed
For a more detailed product demo and to view the product up close, do watch the video below by Flipkart. It will also help you understand the functioning and features of the machine in a much more detailed way.
2. 6+ Kg Capacity Top Load
The category of washing machines is more suitable for bachelors or couples. These are cost-effective machines which take care of your laundry needs but don’t need to worry about the extra overhead of work that a semi-automatic washing machine brings in.
IFB has a more popular machine in this category. It is actually amongst the top-selling washing machines by IFB online.
a. TL-RDS/RDSS 6.5 KG
As I said earlier, this is one of the top-selling washing machines by IFB brand in India. This model is a 6.5 Kg, top loading, fully automatic washing machine.
Use the links above the picture to find out the Latest bank offers & Price in India
- Top loading washing machine with 6.5 Kg wash capacity
- The drier works at a speed of 720 RPM
- It has 6 pre-programmed wash cycles that can be used for different types of clothes
- The wash tub is made using high-quality stainless steel for extra durability
- IFB provides a 4-year comprehensive warranty on the product
b. Bosch WOE654W0IN
If you don’t wish to buy IFB, Bosch has a suitable option in this category as well. This machine also has a 6.5 KG wash capacity.
I really like the new, modern look that this washing machine has. The clean white look and the classy finish on top can add charm to any household in India.
Check the Latest Price & User Reviews – Amazon India
- 6.5 Kg laundry capacity
- The dryer can spin at a maximum speed of 680 RPM
- The wash drum is made using stainless steel
- Dual dispenser. One can be used for washing powder, the other for clothes softner
- The lid is made using toughened glass and a soft closing system installed
- Bosch offers a 2-year warranty on the washing machine and 10 years on the motor
This brings me to an end of my review and comparison of Bosch vs IFB washing machines in India. You can also refer to my article on Best Washing Machines in India to look at other possible options that you may wish to buy.
Which one did you like? Are you planning to buy Bosch or IFB? Do let me know your thoughts and reviews of the washing machines you have used so far in the comments section below.